Soft shell crabs, or “softies” are blue crabs that have recently molted their shell. They are harvested before they can regrow a new shell, so their skin is soft. This means their entire bodies are edible: shell, claws, and all.
Once cleaned, soft shell crabs can be breaded, battered, or simply coated with oil. You can grill them, pan-fry them, or deep-fry them.
Soft-Shell Crabs Whole (600g)
Frozen Soft-Shell Crabs Whole
Size: Approx. 80/120g /piece
Weight: 600g bag (6 pieces /bag)
- Heat up some oil. We reccomend canola. About 3-4 cups.
- Then, mix the flour and starch together. Add pepper and salt and then add the seltzer.
- Dip the craps into the hot oil and fry until crispy. You will want to do batches. Do not crowd them folks!
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Briefly fry garlic and chilies.