A real roast beef classic, the grass-fed organic topside joint is equally at home quickly roasted and served pink as it is when slow-cooked and succulent. The topside is the external muscle at the top of the hind leg of the beef carcass.
Acres Organic cattle are naturally grass-fed which means they gain all of their nutrients from native grasses and plants, consuming a healthy diet of what they need. Because of this, Acres Organic beef contains higher levels of vitamin A, vitamin E, conjugated linoleic acid, dietary protein, and the proper balance of Omega-3 and Omega-6. Our beef is lower in calories, higher in “good fats”, and has less saturated fat.
This makes our organic grass fed beef safe, giving you the confidence of the quality you are putting in your body.
Organic Grass Fed Beef Topside (Australia - Approx. 1kg)
Frozen Organic Beef Topside
Grass Fed - No GMOs
Free Range - not confined to a feedlot
Raised without the use of hormones or antibiotics
Cut Piece - Vacuum Pack
Weight: Approx. 1/1.2kg /pcs
Note: The prices given are estimates, they may slightly vary based on the actual weight of your product.
Possibly the most common beef roasting joint, and for good reason, it’s value for money is impeccable and it needs nothing complicated doing to it when cooking to make it taste absolutely stunning.
1. Take your organic beef topside out of the fridge 1 hour before you want to cook it, letting it rest at room temperature.
2. Preheat your oven to 180°C/gas mark 4. Rub 1 1/b tbsp of oil into your organic beef topside and season generously with salt and ground black pepper.
3. Warm an ovenproof dish on the hob over a high heat, drizzle in 1tbsp of oil and sear the beef on all sides for 2-3 minutes to seal and brown.
4. Roast the beef in the oven for 40 minutes per kg. Be sure to baste the beef halfway through cooking.
5. When the beef is cooked, remove from the oven and rest your topside joint under a few layers of foil for at least 20 minutes before carving thinly to serving.